Tuesday, May 29, 2012

work in progress "Last Snow" oil on canvas 36in (91.44cm) x 60in (152.4 cm)

When out west visiting my folks, I'm up by 6:30 to join my dad and the guys for coffee.  Mostly contractors, they discuss jobs they are working on, trucks, and of course local politics. On my last visit in March there was a lot of talk about the weather - how warm it was - and then one day I awoke to a fresh snowfall.  It was as beautiful as only a fresh layer of snow can be.  After coffee, I headed out with my camera to see what I could capture.
 
This canvas is based on some of those photos. This represents my third painting session on it but it seems to be moving very well.  I think I will call it “Last snow” as it turned out to be the very last snow fall.

Img_5045

No comments:

Post a Comment